EX-KIAP NETWORK FORUM

an egalitarian discussion board for ex-kiaps, former colleagues such as didiman, chalkies, polis, ko-ops, dokta and whoever else wants to join in.
It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:33 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 2:29 pm 
Ex-Kiap

DOSS: 08 Nov 1965
All,

Re publication of photographs on the ex-kiap website, over the past months, years various colleagues have sent and/or asked me to publish photographs. There have been several problems with me being able to accommodate these requests:

1. I’m fortunate or unfortunate to still be gainfully employed on a full time basis and I have little personal time to allocate to the laborious task of re-sizing, cropping and titling as well as tagging (cross referencing) these requests;
2. Next, technically, the Forum is also not the best site to publish photographs.

So until such time as I retire, the best solution I can think of is for individuals to publish their photographs on the numerous photo sharing sites available and post links to these pages in the forum.
The following links provide a reasonable comprehensive list of the numerous photo publishing sites available with comments. Many, most of these sites are free of charge for limited postings. Of these sites Flickr probably is the most suitable for our purposes how it is best that readers survey the situation and make up their own mind. The Wikipedia link provides a comprehensive comparison table for these programmes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_ph ... g_websites
http://www.photographybay.com/2007/12/0 ... ernatives/
http://www.photographybay.com/2008/02/1 ... ing-sites/

Regards – Peter.

He who has the gold does make the rules and that darwinian selfish gene (ISBN 0-19-929115-2) will ensure that the meek will not inherit the earth.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 7:22 am 
Ex-Kiap

DOSS: 01 Jun 1971
Dear Prox .We know your deep commitment to PNG and hope that you will travel freely to collect the odd laurel .You would no doubt be the honoured guest for every stage completion.From bush camps and drilling sites to gas hubs and factories.Your seeing the pipes snake ,the environment and the changes.
We have seen the rugged nature of the terrain and felt the weather when we get a glimpse from YouTube ,such as the Helilift grabs,but could you give us a small collection of the progression of the project,the social changes.
Or are you writing a book?Possibly some photos .Did you run in to Phill Moore,he must have sat down with more highlanders and interviewed them than anyone ever can again.I notice a road connecting Mumeng to MARAWAKA do you have a reference for any project in the area?
This is just a singaut ,I hope this missive reaches you on the horizon fishing Hervey Bay

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 2:46 pm 
Ex-Kiap

DOSS: 16 Jan 1954
Martin, what are you talking about?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 4:53 pm 
Ex-Kiap

DOSS: 29 Jan 1963
I think Martin may have been writing to a friend or acquaintance who is working on a project in PNG.

He may have got his web sites mixed up, meaning to post his mysterious post to an alternative site.

That's my guess anyway.

But all in all it was a challenge to come up with my interpretation of his post.

Perhaps we could run a small contest entitled " What Did Martin Mean" thus inviting other interpretations.

The contest would be reliant on Martin not hurrying to tell us what it was all about thus stimulating more, and I would suggest, hilarious interpretations.

Then we could have him judge all posts and tell us whose interpretation was the closest to his intention...

That should be good!!

PB

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 9:13 am 
Ex-Kiap

DOSS: 27 Feb 1961
Peter,

Good idea. But the question is does he write them when sober? If not, I would like some of what he has been drinking - might arouse my literacy potential.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 5:26 pm 
Ex-Kiap

DOSS: 11 Sep 1967
Martin is talking about Peter Salmon's work in the oil and gas exploration and development industry. He's obviously been following Peter on Facebook.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 2:17 pm 
Ex-Kiap

Yes, George, Peter, Ray & Phil,

I'm not too sure what it's all about either, is the air redolent with whacky weed? I've kept away from getting involved with Facebook so there is no connection there although I may soon have to finally surrender to it because of other interests.

Peter.

He who has the gold does make the rules and that darwinian selfish gene (ISBN 0-19-929115-2) will ensure that the meek will not inherit the earth.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 6:06 pm 
Ex-Kiap

DOSS: 16 Jan 1954
Peter, I am so glad that you are putting up your name in green rather than using a pseudonym. It makes a lot more sense. I note that Martin still has not said he is sorry for his stupid statement, which I am sure he wrote when he was drunk.

Post subject: Re: NAME IN GREEN
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:26 am 
Ex-Kiap

George, I don't know how I turned on green and so far, I can't work out how to change it back but I'll trying until ...... an hour later on, eureka, I've done it.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:49 am 
Ex-Kiap

DOSS: 01 Jun 1971
My apologies for using a familiar tone in my veiled inquiry.I was using the term Proksi and mixing it with the Gulf familiar Frox,like bras etc.Not to be confused with bros,as in Mi Dai longBros.It was an entreaty
To see the private collection,or company,of photos of the progress from big bush to clearing along the pipe track.An ecological log of vegetation Highlands to coast.If you had personally edited your snaps
A glimpse perhaps more would intrigue.
The reference to MARAWAKA was sly,possibly to activate that member in SKYE,
Mountain to Skye ,come in Ian Millar,over.
Ian you would be happy to know that AUSTCARE sponsored a wide program,
NO PUBLIC DEFAECATION
NO ROAMING PIGS
Hydro electricity is being produced at MARAWAKA with a track bulldozed for transmission lines to neighbouring parts of the Menyamya District.
I wonder how the trout are doing?
No reply necessary